Beginner Revaulx Abbey 10 stopper first time

In flickr underneath the photo is a share icon the little arrow pointing to the right. Click on it, go across to the BBcode, right click it to copy the link then paste it in your post here mate.

Lets see the shot!

I reckon anywhere between 800-1200px wide is fine. Out of those the larger the better I feel. But it is good practice to resize to a sensible viewing size before uploading to flickr then hosting that size in my opinion.

Is this ok then? I'm hoping for opinions on this photo. I am aware there are rain spots on the lens. I tried to clone out but still learning PS.

Last edited:
Regarding the shot I think it was a smart move to pretty much align your self with the wind direction so that the cloud blur comes towards you. I also like the feeling using a LE gives with these old ruins, it almost shows the passage of time to add to the story of age and erosion. B & W probably adds to the feeling too, all nice choices.

Personally I think the composition is slightly lopsided, I would have moved away from that large pillar in the immediate foreground on the left and also consider correcting the covering verticals.

Hope this helps, Craig.

TBH I didn't even think about the direction of the clouds. lol. The camera is bob on level. Its the ruin that's lopsided. It was a dark miserable drizzly day. So for LE shots, what direction works best with the clouds? Front to back, diagonal or side to side? I only chose that spot as it gave the best perspective, and the clouds had more gaps and texture in them from the distant sun which is to the front right, albeit hidden in the clouds.

Back