Reverse Helios lens

That's pretty wacky. Looks as if you can get very pleasing results under the right conditions. I think I've seen a video somewhere about reversing the rear element, which is supposed to turn it into a macro lens.

That's pretty wacky. Looks as if you can get very pleasing results under the right conditions. I think I've seen a video somewhere about reversing the rear element, which is supposed to turn it into a macro lens.
I’ll give it a go (y)

Link? Sure

View: https://youtu.be/-BuwY44FvUc?si=LgO-MNr3VA7Vy1NR

It's a simple thing to do and totally reversible. Just a bit of fun. Skyline got better results than I did. I was just doing something in lockdown.

I too have seen that video (y). Probably one that was stored in my brain file on how to do it.
Did you ever reverse the rear element and if so what was the result like

When I done it the first time I wasn’t concentrating and opened the rear. All sorts of things fell out. I put it back together through trail and error except for a little spring arm. I can not work out where it goes, so that lens is always wide open now. It doesn’t bother me as that was the worse condition one out of two I have. Saying that though if I knew where the little arm went I would put it back.

Pretty amazing.

Back