Review of studio hire in Maidstone

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
A girl at work asked me if I could do some portraits of her and her son (and it was to be other family members as well originally) as a Mothers Day present for her Mum. At first I though we could do them outside as I don't have the use of a studio but a quick google found a reasonable studio in Maidstone. One email and phone call later and the studio was booked for 2 hours yesterday afternoon.

We went along (rgrebby and I) and were very pleasantly surprised with the set up (well, I didn't know what to expect really as this was my first studio shoot)

Anyway, I digress!

We were shown up to the studio by a quite talented photographer who had some of his work on the walls and quite impressed we were too. He showed us around the studio and showed us all the facilities (kitchen, bathroom, model changing area & studio itself) and tehn how to use the equipment. This studio is fully equipped with flash lighting, backgrounds and reflectors. Jason (who owns the studio) also hung around for a few minutes explaining how to use it all and connect it up using the wireless hotshoe remote etc.

At 5pm, Jason came in and asked if we wanted to extend, there was no "right your time is up, off you go". He was very nice and chatty and talked a bit about his work and his plans.

So for the massively expensive (not!!!) hire charge of £20 an hour this studio gets a big thumbs up from me and I can thoroughly recommend it if you need to do a portrait/fashion shoot and haven't got the equipment or room.

www.agency7.co.uk

yeah it was great, i'll put a couple pics up later when I get a chance.

But I recommend it too, think I might even book a session sometime and drag some friends in :p

Very good price really, especially as you get all the kit and caboodle (barring the camera) and he's on hand to help albeit in his own flat but only 20 seconds away.

Back