Right place, right time

tigerimages

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Bristol this afternoon so I decided to pop down to Pilning station to try to catch a few decent train shots as they hurtled towards and away from the Severn Tunnel.

However, as I pulled up I was greeted with the site of an HST stopped at the station which was remarkable given that they don't EVER stop there and Pilning itself only has one train timetabled to stop there PER WEEK.

The HST, fully laden with passengers stood there for two hours and even had one from Wales pull up to let an engineer off to try to fix the problem, albeit to no avail.

So eventually the train was evacuated and the passengers crossed the bridge and waited for another train to take them back to Bristol Parkway where they'd alight and join another Swansea bound service. No doubt causing several black marks against First Great Western (or is it Worst GW!) in the process.

Anyhow, my point in posting?

I'm sure that Pilning has NEVER seen scenes like this!

pilning_rescue.jpg

Special? Only in the sense that it's arrived light from Cardiff to shuttle the stranded passengers to Bristol Parkway.

Oh i just re-read the orginal post. I understand know. Sorry, Im not the sharpest tool in the box. You have captured the hussle and bussle well.

I spy a Leicester Tigers jersey.

Back