Rino`s at the Lakeland Zoo

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello :wave:

As the title says Rinos the full title is Wide Lipped Rhinoceros, and they weigh up to 3 tons and only eats grass. (y)

Rino.jpg

RinoI.jpg

I could not get a shot where they were not heads down chomping at the grass :shrug:

cc please

Second one for me too (y)

Thanx for the feed back guys (y)
quite easy to catch just they will not get there faces out of the ground :D

They werent out when we went on Monday. :(

Shame for you they were big beasts but didnt look up much, the building they are kept in is a bit dark and not very photogenic :shrug:
did you enjoy the place ??
I bet the place gets packed so I will go mid week later on in the year. (y)

Shame for you they were big beasts but didnt look up much, the building they are kept in is a bit dark and not very photogenic :shrug:
did you enjoy the place ??
I bet the place gets packed so I will go mid week later on in the year. (y)

Kids loved it, never been before plus its only 40 mins from us any way.
Can imagine in summer it'd be packed and smelly :puke:
Watching the tigers get "dinner" was impressive and how quick the sumatran tigers were, about 2 seconds to get up the pole, get food and then down!

posted a couple of pics of the Madrils here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=55896

Mid week would be a good idea in summer.

These are my favourite out of what you have posted(y) excellent portraits keep it going Gibbo:woot:

Nice shots, I really like the first with the other Rhino in the background (y)

I've never been to this place despite it being a short drive away. Will have to take the boy when he's a bit older.

Kids loved it, never been before plus its only 40 mins from us any way.
Can imagine in summer it'd be packed and smelly :puke:
Watching the tigers get "dinner" was impressive and how quick the sumatran tigers were, about 2 seconds to get up the pole, get food and then down!

posted a couple of pics of the Madrils here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=55896

Mid week would be a good idea in summer.

Where do you live then ?? an area will do
Yes I agree smelly and thats just the public :naughty:
The tigers were impressive I tried to get some shots of them but ended up with an awful back ground I have posted 2 of them on here to get help with the back ground ... hopefully
The power in them you would have no chance if one jumped you :help:
Ill have a look at your link after this post done (y)

JB have a great time at Chester Zoo Im sure if the weather holds up you should get some cracking shots
Cheers Benroy yes you have to go its realy good, love the way they let some of the animals walk round with you

Nice shots there Gibbo lad!!
Love the texture of their skin.

Where do you live then ?? an area will do
Yes I agree smelly and thats just the public :naughty:
The tigers were impressive I tried to get some shots of them but ended up with an awful back ground I have posted 2 of them on here to get help with the back ground ... hopefully
The power in them you would have no chance if one jumped you :help:
Ill have a look at your link after this post done (y)

Just in Heysham, the posh suburb of Morecambe ;)

Got a few shots of the Amur Tigers in action. Very powerfull but not as quick as the Sumatran Tigers!!
Bit difficult with the tigers cos of where i was.

2397861047_424d887bee.jpg

Like your rhino shots, think they were having a day off on monday

Thanx for the comment Geordi yes the texture came alive with the light. I took some earlier in the morning and they looked a little flat. Im happy with these two thanx (y)

Zoidberg ahh I know where you are just up the road from me
The shot you took is better than the few I took (nice shot btw) of the Amur Tigers I was sat right on them, I was not quite sure what was happening so I miss judged the whole situation and basically caught them head n sholders. :shrug:
When I walked onto the ones I have shown (other thread) I was a little further away so I had more chance. I do need to move round a bit more and try getting a little more ground and hopefully NO fence in the shot next time. But I know what to expect now (y)

Another vote for number 2.(y)

I guess when you weigh 3 tons and eat only grass you need to spend alot of time eating.

Hi I think both shots are great but do prefer the first with the other rhino in the background
Excellent detail on both shots
Pete

Back