Ripped Moon

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of you will recognise this landmark as I think my last upload was of the same one. I have been planning a moonrise shot from here for some months but have had to wait for it to rise in the right place with the right conditions. I thought last night was the night but unfortunately an almost invisible bank of cloud, causing the moon to rise a lot higher in the sky, scuppered the plans for the shot I was after. This is what I got instead, it's taken from around 3km from the Daymark allowing me to use a long focal length to get a large moon in the shot, I did have to shorten the focal length due to the moon rising so high though. I'm still hopeful I can get the shot I'm after next month.

By the way, the title came from my daughter as that's the first thing she said when she saw it this morning, I thought it was quite good.

Ripped Moon by the milster, on Flickr

That's pretty cool. Needs a wee tad NR but still quite a striking image.

Nice shot Gary

That's great.

I always thought that shots like that where the moon looks so large in comparison with item on the ground had been doctored some how, but obviously not.

Thanks all

That's great.

I always thought that shots like that where the moon looks so large in comparison with item on the ground had been doctored some how, but obviously not.

I think quite a lot are (and look like it) but for me it's much more satisfying trying to do it using camera and ens and lots of planning :)

Back