Critique Riviera Maya, Mexico

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I managed to grab a few minutes on my holiday one morning and afternoon to take a few shots. All with my X100S. I'd appreciate any comments as to where I could improve. I'll not be going back but hope to use any critique on future ventures!

1) This is my favourite, just after sunrise.

Riviera Maya Sunrise by Steve Babb, on Flickr

2)

I like this but think it's missing something? I think the light is still too high in the sky. The problem was that most afternoons the sun vanished into cloud well before it became golden enough. A bit too picture postcard?

Mayan Ruin by Steve Babb, on Flickr

3) Better light I feel in this one.

Sirenis, Akumal by Steve Babb, on Flickr

4) I was disappointed at the lack of colour in the sky for this one. It seems very mono, in fact, I think it works better in black and white?

Akumal Dawn by Steve Babb, on Flickr
Akumal Dawn by Steve Babb, on Flickr

5)

I like this jungle, but maybe missing a focal point?
Coba Jungle by Steve Babb, on Flickr

6) A HDR shot. I couldn't get anything other than shadow and the sky had no colour from a single image.

Mayan Ruin, Sirenis Beach, Akumal by Steve Babb, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and any feedback appreciated.

Lovely shots! brings back some great memories of my honeymoon! Where about's did you stay!

Looks nice, wish I had the chance to get out and get some snaps when we were there last year, second day in I caught the dreaded montizumas revenge and spent most of the holiday you know where :(

I can only echo bobby uk's comments, beautiful country! I think the colours are well saturated and composed nicely. Agree with your comments regarding the jungle, it's just a sea of green, with nothing particularly interesting to look at! That said I have exactly the same picture on my computer and still look at it remember how vast the jungle was. For me love the first and last the most.

Back