Roaches and Ramshaw

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I see Dave Steventon has been stalking this area in the last few days as well. Here's what it looked like at the other end of the day that he was there...

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4216a.jpg

The weather was incredibly dramatic all day and the evening was eventually swallowed up by a humungous storm cloud but the light was fabulous while it lasted. The heather is currently superb, as Dave's shots also showed. It's well worth making the trek for if you are reasonably near.​

technically all are fine, with a great balance of exposure. I'd favour a clearer day, later or earlier at sunset, sunrise or golden hours to make this area really sing, but for the conditions these are as good as they can be.

I think No2 is the strongest imaged, followed by 3. Composition works well, and the flowers add a subtle twist to this rugged and harsh terrrain

Thanks. You're absolutely right and it's the reason why it's so important to get to these places around this time of year. The curious hard/soft combination of the rocks and the heather. It only lasts about 4 weeks.

Cheers

Thanks Dave, it is rather splendid isn't it ? I was actually running a workshop and the weather forecast had kind of forced my hand a bit. That corner of the Peaks is a good place to be when the airstream is a damp westerly. I didn't see your stuff until after I got back and it was good to see what it looked like in the morning. I must confess I think Ramshaw is an evening location because of the angle that the land makes with the light but your backlighting definitely added a certain mystery to it.

Love the second shot compositionally. The rock formation looks like a bunny!

Back