roanoke marshes

Edit My Images
No
this was last weekend's endeavor in outer banks, virginia. the skies opened up and the cameras and i were both soaked long before the end. there were a couple of shipwrecks on the beach that i had hoped to find, i have dreams of someday shooting star trails at one, but after this shot i gave up and headed west for the mountains and dryer land. roanoke marshes lighthouse was opened in 2004, however it is a replica of nearby screw-pile light that was decommissioned in 1955.

fuji x-t1 & 18-55mm @ 18mm
1/125s, f/8, iso 800, handheld
processed in lightroom and photoshop

Untitled

Pretty cool picture. I love the colour. Did you do much post processing? Looks almost like selective colouring.

thanks thomas. there wasn't too much post processing apart from my usual workflow, the sky was really dark and pretty close in color to the water that day. the red roof was the only real bit of color. i did use a bit of photoshop magic to bring out the texture and green of the boardwalk as it was a bit dull. and used nik to add the vignette and blur. i was extremely happy that the boat tied up to the side of the dock was white and not a bright orange as i've seen there at other times.

Love it very sweet and sour:)

thanks for looking and taking the time to comment joe, mich56 and jjim.

Absolute corker imo, although I am not keen on the blur..
thanks, i realize it's not everyone's preference, but i do enjoy it on a few of my photos.

Back