Robin from Mere Sands

Fozzybear

Suspended / Banned
Name
Kev
Edit My Images
Yes
Had my first ever visit to Mere Sands today. It was very quiet on the bird front but enjoyed having a wander through the wood. Saw and heard a nuthatch hammering away at a tree and what appeared to be a couple of Buzzards flying about.

Also, there were sightings of a Kingfisher on Saturday and Sunday. One appears to be hanging around somewhere but I didn't see it unfortunately.

Just a Robin pic shot as RAW and cropped. No sharpening or NR.

f5.6, 1/1000, ISO 1600, 300mm.
5572342096_11c79757b3_b.jpg

I agree. That leaf is annoying me now you mention it. I'll have to have a go at learning some cloning skills sometime tomorrow. Gives me something to do! :)

Here's a botched job of trying to clone the leaf out. Looks worse now imo. :D

557234209611c79757b3b.jpg

Still getting to grips with Serif Photoplus X4. I'll get there in the end! :)

I keep getting emails from Serif, is it any good as a program.

Yes, it seems good so far. I haven't really used it extensively yet. It seems a good alternative to Photoshop Elements. The cloning seems excellent although, as my effort shows, I've not mastered it yet!

Just Dave said:
Ive Never heard a nuthatch hammer, they pick and creep about,although they do make a lot of noise vocally, more likely be a wood pecker,

No, I thought it was a Woodpecker initially. Then I saw it on a bird box. I think it was having a go at widening the hole of the bird box. It was a definite tapping sound like a Woodpecker. I also got some photo's of it as well.

Last edited:
No, I thought it was a Woodpecker initially. Then I saw it on a bird box. I think it was having a go at widening the hole of the bird box. It was a definite tapping sound like a Woodpecker. I also got some photo's of it as well.

Sorry Kev, Now you say that Kev, its strange I saw a huthatch widening a hole in a bird box at our local reserve, Ive never seen them do that until this year, they usually make them smaller, Ive never seen them nest in bird boxes either, must be a new breed of nuthatch :LOL:

Last edited:
Back