Roll Over Beethoven...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Struggling with a twisted knee, and not withstanding (see what I did there?...) that there are so few creatures around that are tiny, photo opportunities are few and far between but tonight I found a globby playing silly buggers, rolling on it's back on a leaf in the pond.

Fear not, it was soon back on it's feet and away again.

However, once I got this tiny springtail cropped on the PC, I realised there was a baby one in the vicinity!

Not the best pic, but I thought I would share it.

1080back.jpg

Paul.

I love the babies, they often crop up, initially un-noticed, and joyfully occasionally in focus! Great stuff

Great view of the furcula there too.

I love the babies, they often crop up, initially un-noticed, and joyfully occasionally in focus! Great stuff

Great view of the furcula there too.

I wonder really just how small that baby is. Less than ¼mm perhaps?

Paul.

Last edited:
Cool shot there Paul and that baby is so small but cute, this will keep you on your toes to keep an eye out for others from now on well.

Cool shot there Paul and that baby is so small but cute, this will keep you on your toes to keep an eye out for others from now on well.

Cheers Graham :)

Just now though, my knee is crucifying me when I kneel down so all these remaining bugs at ground level are almost out of the question in my quest to find critters in winter!

Paul.

Excellent Paul that little one is so cute:)
know what you mean about knees I normally end up lying on the ground its easier:D

Excellent Paul that little one is so cute:)
know what you mean about knees I normally end up lying on the ground its easier:D

Lovely shot. That baby is so cute!!!

Thank you Kurt, thanks Pete. :)

It is very windy as well around here, and the cold is so much more noticeable. Pete, I don't think I'd fancy lying down, lol... :)

Pail.

Think the globby on its back will crucify you too if it finds out.

Get a gym matt or equivalent to help you lay down as per Pete says a lot more comfortable or even some knee pads.

That baby is so cute will have to trawl through my shots see if I have missed any. :D

Think the globby on its back will crucify you too if it finds out.

Get a gym matt or equivalent to help you lay down as per Pete says a lot more comfortable or even some knee pads.

That baby is so cute will have to trawl through my shots see if I have missed any. :D

Hmm, I was wearing knee pads!!! Bright green ones!!! PMSL... I looked a proper nutter at ten oclock at night in them...

Cheers Bryn :)

Paul.

Paul
Great shots.
All my globby shots have been through the day. Nearly all of them were taken stood up.

Last edited:
Double post

Great Shot Paul, that baby must be so tiny.(y)

George.

Back