Rood Aston Hall

Nice close shot,Trevor. I see you have overheads there. When I was a kid I used to go to a Chester school and sometimes I'd go by train. I used to go spotting at Chester station too and saw the Halls,Castles and Manors amongst others. They certainly are impressive locos. I have a few of Rood Ashton Hall. Always pleased to see it.

I think it is based at Tyseley were it started from.

Still have to work out how to use Lightroom or Elements properly to put these things right, sun was shining from the right hand side but no where to get a better shot from on that side. Limited all the way from Walsall to Crewe with overheads.

Trevor

Tevor..Re. Lightroom. In 'Develop' use the grad tool to lessen that overblown sky. As ever though, with editing, just a nice touch will do a grand job.

I don't know why mine does this but sometimes it affects the whole image rather than just the sky. If yours does this then I found that by placing the mouse arrow on the centre circle and rotating it 360 degrees it will do just within the parameters..ie. the three lines.My neighbour's grad tool does;t have this problem.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-compl...-filter-and-adjustment-brush-in-lightroom-4-/

Also use that Adjustment Brush. Last tool of the five. Click on it, and move mouse to image…brush will show. Brush the area you want to reduce exposure on and then reduce exposure curser

Use the brackets keys on your keyboard to adjust the brush size..left reduces size..right increases. Google 'How to use Adjustment Brush in Lightroom' ' if you get stuck. I did it for you and the video showed on here which I didn't want…neither would anyone else,I'm sure.

Last edited:
Thanks for that John will Have a longer look later, Can't get any sound at the moment ? I also trying a new flat screen monitor that I need to get the brightness and contrast right.

Trevor

Thanks again Johnbeen having a play and now getting somwere.

Trevor

Good man. Makes a real difference.Pleased to have been of assistance. Now I'll be looking out for your perfect photos ..:) lol.

Back