Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
140325_8637.jpg

After asking you lovely lot for inspiration in this thread, this is the first task/idea I took on.

I’ve always fancied dabbling in the home-setup-on-a-table endeavour, be it photographing still life, burning candles, incredibly small Formula 1 races with hamsters and lego cars, or water droplets……
However, I’ve never got round to it, so tonight (With a pause to watch Manchester City thrash Manchester United 3-0 in a bloody thrilling local derby……
(PS. The best team won)
I gave it a go and this shot was the one that stood out for me.

Not bad considering I only shot 25 frames before I got too eager and decided to download them.
Really easy to do, too!

Marcel that is superb! Maybe burn out the top green bit but im not sure keep umming and errrrring.

Hope its made you feel better too.

Nice one. The definite line between red and green is maybe too strong but it's a nice shot.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed Marcy! Will have a proper look tonight when I get back from walkies. Just watched a very happy biker go of to work!

Nice one, Marcel! Looks like your mojo hadn't deserted you, he was just kipping and waiting for you to wake him up!

A great idea well executed, maybe take down the brightness on the stem part, but otherwise an excellent shot.

It works for me but as stated in earlier posts I would soften the transition from green to red.

Looks much better on the laptop bud! Super stuff, keep at it mate.

Cheers Monica.
Danny, I did. Although I didn't slow down enough, I was just too eager to get the shots on the computer without thinking about them as Im taking them. More of a hit and hope with a little creative input (wafting and swirling of paper in the vicinity :p)
Billy, really? I went straight for the clean cut between colours to define the head and the stem. I never thought to try and blend it more / make it more gradual.

I'll give that a whirl, see which I prefer :)

Back