Roses and off cord flash

Name
Alistair Vannet
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I've been getting to know my flash a bit better for the past hour or so. We've got some nice roses in the house so I just got them found a nice clean background and messed about using the light from diffrent angles and changing the quality. I was really happy with the results and I've worked on them in DPP from canon for a bit and I'm very happy indeed. I hope you enjoy :) C&C Welcome.

Roses_5.jpg

Roses_3.jpg

Roses_1.jpg

Roses_2.jpg

There all very good shots. Strangely I find myself preferring the mono shots - particularly the first one - very crisp capture of the droplets and the lighting works well imo.

The shot with the pink rose, to my untutored eye, appears a little too bright in the centre and too dark at the stem. The yellow one is better lit (again I have little experience in the lighting game - just my own thoughts!)

Which lens did you use for these?

Nice shots.

#2 is especially good IMHO

You've made me want to go and play! Occasionally i have used diffused flash but not tried directional on flowers - having seen thes i will experinemt. Hope you didn't get told off for getting the surfaces and floor too wet!

Back