Roslin Glen

aberal

lens lens lens (or Lens)
Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
The famous Rosslyn Chapel is sitated overlooking Roslin Glen and a very lovely place it is too at any time of the year and especially now with the Autumn colours. It does have a strange mystical feel about it. Five minutes walk from the chapel is this place - and I'm afraid I don't know it's history or even its name. But it's a big tumbly down castle with a truly amazing bridge leading across to it. The wall is only a couple of feet high and the drop over the edge into Roslin Glen must be around 100ft or so. Ironically, given the colours of the trees, I only really managed to convey the "feel" of the place when I converted them into black and white.

#1 The bridge

4087709622_21f6eb48c4_o.jpg

#2 The bridge and Roslin Glen beyond.

4087709174_b1ed414ea8_o.jpg

4086950985_4c0c045cf7_o.jpg

4086951507_25aecc5ca7_o.jpg

#5 The bridge from below.

4086949331_37d2530109_o.jpg

4086948797_abbd44a321_o.jpg

I like all of them but especially the first one. Anyone see the face in the castle in the first pic?

I like all of them but especially the first one. Anyone see the face in the castle in the first pic?

Bl**dy hell! So there is. A sort of a playing card king's head. :) Thanks for the comments.

I do .. weird weird stuff :) Great set love and great they are in B&W

Thanks. The b&w definitely adds to the shots I feel in this set, pity in some ways, because as I said, the tree colours were really lovely.

[S1]'Bl**dy hell! So there is. A sort of a playing card king's head. :)'[/S1]

Describes it perfectly and really stands out once you've seen it :eek:

Last edited:
Last one has a strange feel too it. It looks lke the buildings on fire. I like it! :)

[S1]'Bl**dy hell! So there is. A sort of a playing card king's head. :)'[/S1]

Describes it perfectly and really stands out once you've seen it :eek:

Last one has a strange feel too it. It looks lke the buildings on fire. I like it! :)

Thanks. If Roslin Glen isn't haunted I don't know where is...:)

Back