RucPac Photography Accessories

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
We have recently received from a company called RucPac, the kind donation of a number of their products which we can use for prizes in a new series of competitions for members. @Cobra will announce the competitions on this thread, but I thought it would be good to introduce RucPac and their products in our blog, so that members can see what’s on offer but also as a thank you to Laurens at RucPac for working with us. Hopefully the response will encourage him to take up paid advertising on TP!

So, we have a number of different camera straps, and a couple of different types of glove designed for use by photographers. I’ll describe each:

Straps:

First we have a double-camera strap or harness, worn like a vest-type attachment. Retailing at £79.99, this has padded shoulder straps, stabilising straps across front and back, and a separate strap for each of two cameras to be attached with adjustable lengths. Handy if you need quick access to two cameras; I was going to try it out with my D850 and D500 with appropriate lenses, but didn’t want to remove the packaging; I’m thinking it might work for wedding togs?

The Sentinel cross-body Slide strap, retailing at £49.99,is rather nice, it has a padded shoulder strap and stabilising strap so that it is worn on one shoulder with the camera slung to the opposite side of the body. This looks like a comfortable and handy approach to easy access when out and about.

The Solo cross-body sliding strap retails at £39.99, is a simpler version of the previous example, without the additional padding and stabiliser strap, but does the same job.

The simple Slide camera strap (retailing at £39.99) has the clever feature of having a grippy, non-sliding silicon material on one side so that the shoulder section will stay in place if you want to just have it over your shoulder on one side, not cross-body.

Gloves:

First we have the “Professional Tech Gloves”, thinner material with a conductive outer coating at the tips of index finger and thumb. I’ve tested this on my iPhone and it works. These gloves need to be bought in the right size for best effect, but having done so, if you combine them with a pair of the thicker Extreme gloves described next, you should have toastie hands for sure! These gloves retail at £29.99.

Then we have the “Extreme Tech Gloves”, nice thick gloves which feel well insulated – it’s 23 degrees outside at present so I can’t verify their warmth, and I’m not keeping my freezer door open for ages while I test them in there! They do feel promisingly warm though, and definitely comfortable. The gloves are fingerless, in that they don’t have tips to the fingers so equipment can be operated, but they have fold-over mitten pieces to keep the extremities protected when not fiddling with camera settings. There is a kind of pattern you will notice in the photo – this is the rubberised grip, it’s not just bling, as it’s only on the gripping side of each glove. These gloves retail at £49.99.

Both of these gloves feel very comfortable to wear, and they also don’t restrict finger movement nearly as much as all my other thick mountaineering type gloves. I haven’t been able to test them in wet or snowy conditions, so their waterproofness remains to be assessed.

Back