Ruff

No image showing here.....:confused:

Looking forward to it though.(y)

That's it. (y) Quite an unusual shot of a bird I've never seen, though I've heard there's a couple not far from me. The vignetting (presumably) casued by a teleconverter and/or a long lens, actaully adds someting to this IMO. I can't see an easy way to crop it out and still retain a decent image. I like it. It's not a close-up and the bird is not looking at the camera, but somehow it works as a covert study to my eye. Nice to see something different for a change.

They are beautiful birds John and great to see - another good example of camouflage - (must start a camouflage thread) and the wonder of nature.
Well done

Carriage return after the image gets you the comment on one one as when I first read it - it read as the opposite of what it is

Thanks for the comments much appreciated...

John, the vignette was something i did in PP to try and draw the eye to the leading bird wasn't too sure it would 'improve' the image
its something i tend to do with portrait shots but not so much for birds(which is my main interest)...As a point of interest the radial gradient tool
in LR5 is useful for creating 'off centre vignettes' IMO...,

Paul - the vignette is quite effective as it pulls the eye to the leading bird as you indicate plus it pulls the eye away from the OOF bird on the left and blends that into or out of the image gradually

Paul - the vignette is quite effective as it pulls the eye to the leading bird as you indicate plus it pulls the eye away from the OOF bird on the left and blends that into or out of the image gradually

Cheers Bill,

Back