Rugby League Shots

Name
Jackie
Edit My Images
Yes
More under 18s action from the National Youth League. Waterhead v Gateshead Thunder. Hopefully taken on board some of the C&C from a couple of weeks ago. More gratefully accepted

2979273102_11c2311ebf_o.jpg

2 Love the look on the face of this one
2978403107_1310753c64_o.jpg

2979259040_eb1482fe18_o.jpg

2978308921_c0cedb89b6_o.jpg

you could try using a smaller f number to blur the background a little giving the photos more impact.

HI, these are a great improvement on the last set(y) ,I agree with Max ! you really should be shooting at maximum apature on the action shots! This would not only cut the DOF but also allow. A, a faster shutter speed & B allow you to drop the ISO a bit!. I Know the weather round our parts is grim but ISO 400/640 @f4.5 should give you a nice shutter speed for local RL.
As an after thought do you run your shots through photoshop? if so try applying a little USM, if overdone this can ruin a pic, but a little is almost nesesary to most budget SLR Digital cameras & to be honest pro cameras too lol. Kind regards Graham

Thanks guys.

Done nothing with these other than crop them for now. Acquired Photoshop a couple of weeks ago but not even started to look at how to use it yet (nor do I have the time at the moment).

I really want to get to grips with getting the shots as near OK as I can first and then start to look at PP.

Was treated to Understanding Exposure over the weekend so a bit of bedtime reading to do which should help.

Am currently going out and shooting around 4/500 shots at a couple of games each weekend, practice makes it nearly right I suppose.

Back