Run To The Waterfront 2014 Scooter Rally in Lincoln.

Name
Stuart or just Stoo!
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day on Saturday 12th and the annual Scoot To The Waterfront at Brayford Pool, Lincoln. There was more than 300 scooters there this year making it the biggest meet yet and plans are already underway for next year. Some terrific scooters turned up and I bumped into people I hadn't seen for years. Here's a few of the shots I got, hope you enjoy them.

Flanders Fields 2 by modchild, on Flickr

Durkopp Diana 1 by modchild, on Flickr

The Littlest Scooter by modchild, on Flickr

Mine In The Middle 1 by modchild, on Flickr

2 Specials by modchild, on Flickr

Off We Go by modchild, on Flickr

Beautiful machines there and the first two shots show just how much care and attention has been lavished on there machines. Must have been quite and event certainly came away with some good images.

Like the "Little Lam" and the Durkopp. Have to admit I'm more a rocker than a mod but we're all on 2 wheels! (And I do stop for scooterists who have the seat up and are scratching their heads!)

My only real criticism is the angle from which the shots are taken - looking down on the bikes isn't really doing them justice! Of course, you could be as old and knackered as me but even I can get down to their level.

Thanks for the comments guys. They do indeed cost a lot of cash to get them restored to original condition, specially with the not so popular makes like the Durkopp, and the paint murals are never cheap either. I had a spill on mine the day after this and I've spent over £400 to repair and replace parts and it wasn't too damaged.

Nod, I return the favour with bikers who haven't got a tool box to carry any tools in when needed. I make it a point to stop for anyone on two wheels, even if I'm with the mrs in the van. As for the angles, it was rather crowded at the time but my true excuse is that I'm probably as old and at least as knackered (specially in the back and legs dept.) as you. I struggle to get down low and struggle even more to get back up.

I feel your pain! I've managed to beat the problem to some extent by using a Fuji X-T1 with its tilting screen so I don't need to get all of me quite as low as I used to.

Hope you're OK after the spill - the bike is a matter of time and £ but flesh can be harder to repair!

Getting down to the correct level is no problem at my advanced age; it is getting back up again that is difficult!

Back