Rural Winter

I am far from being an expert but I consider number two to be gobsmacking.

Hi There,
Although No 2 is my pick, i love No1 for different reasons. So in order.
No 1 as i was brought up on a farm i love these sort of shots, and the derelict out houses are great! i used to play in these sort of places as a kid (nearly killed myself several times) but they have a certain "Smell" about them, now when i see one i'm compelled to go in... Sometimes to the dismay of the landowner / farmer, well at least until i explain!
Like the foggy background, nice lead in with the muddy track, trying to decide if i like the vignette or not .... I can never make up my mind unless i turn it on and off myself, but it looks OK here.

No2 Technically stronger and this one is my pick, the B&W conversion gives quite a haunting look. Nice lead in along the winding path, and a nice strong diagonal from the fallen tree looks good. The fog just permeating through the trees in the distance gives it a certain eeriness. Nice detail in the tree trunk.

Nice set, well shot

Dunks - Thanks, glad you like. I seem to be going through an eerie paths phase lately.
slt_roopan - thanks.
69Bonni - You know what, I'm never quite sure about vignettes and I do have trouble differentiating between whether they enhance or detract from an image. As the barn is a central composition I thought using one would perhaps be the right choice here - still not sure though.
There's plenty of rural decay and abandoned barns and houses around these parts and they do have a certain charm to them. With the path shot, eerie was what I was going for. Sometimes picking a composition can be a bit challenging in these scenes but I think this looks good.
Thanks for the feedback!

No2 for me, very good indeed (y)

Back