Rusty Chain

Name
Joe Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
went to a bike show in halifax today and there where some amazing looking bikes with beautiful paint jobs

but this stuck out like a sore thumb

'Rusty Chain?'

_DSF1643.jpg

He'll be sorry when it snaps and flings him down the road...

Guess it's meant to be looked at and not ridden... although clearly not to closely. good from afar.

Wow my motorbike chain makes that look BRAND NEW. Should I be worried?

Gary.

Ahhh yes.

Interesting concept...

It can't be oiled, the sprocket is also the brake disc :wacky:

Perhaps he either uses a 'dry' PTFE lubricant or hopes that the centrifugal force will fling the oil outwards rather than inwards onto the disc!

Mind you, most braking on bikes is done by the front wheel, you only really need light braking on the rear wheel to keep it stable.

True, you do indeed use the front brake mainly, but for the times you need it you wouldnt want to find the rear useless...

I am sure this probably fails some sort of road legal construction test...

WHY on earth would you combined a part that by its very nature needs oiling, with a part that by its very nature needs to be kept beautifully oil free? :cautious:

It'll be a show bike. The only time the wheels turn in earnest is when it gets loaded from the garage into the van/onto the trailer to be taken to the next show. Won't be ridden on the road hence the 'novel' dual use sprocket/brake disc.

Bit dissapointed by the title, was expecting to see a Rusty Chain, not a few marks on it. Lovely shot although I don't like the title of it.

Although the chain does match the bronzing of the exhaust pipes. Nice pic.
Dean:)

Back