Safari in Kenya 2014

Another on my to do list, that sky is amazing. Well done

Same here :) Must get there sometime in the near future :D

Really good ………. is Kenya still "open for business"? …… after all the security problems

That milky way shot..1 exposure. 25 secs and only 1250 ISO.

I'd book a flight just for that...

Yes Kenya is still open, I did contact the guide we booked in April and was told there was no issue's, in the lodges there were may visitors, so people were not really worrying about it, but as Jake has mentioned Somalia, other regions and parts of Nairobi are still cause for concern..

Wow I love #6, the colours really are vibrant and the you have caught the lizard looking very majestic. When I first went Safari I was never into photography, but def on the bucket list to go again and take the camera!!!

Very nice set there would love to go and have a crack!

I was not sure if it was the Mara.

Hopefully Kevin might get back.

I am in the Mara and Amboseli for 7 days mid Sept and thought about extending my trip.

Cheers

Great shots, would love to go back there sometime, funnily enough i was looking back over some of my Kenyan safari shots just a few minutes ago :)

HI ALL, we started in Nairobi and traveled to Amboseli to the Serena Game lodge, had three drives per day, then traveled to tsavo east national park to Salt Lick Game Lodge, then to Voi Safari Lodge, we were in a private jeep just the wife and I and I think was extremely cheap, had a fantastic time, if interested in prices, let me know and I will give details.. :)

Hi

Sounds like you had a great time and the photos to prove it. Thanks for the info.

I am staying in the Porini adventure camps in Amboseli and the Mara.

Was looking to extend my stay deeper into the Mara for maybe another 3 or 4 days,will keep looking for alternatives.

Cheers

We had the following Itinerary and cost's:

Return Flights from Newcastle
approx.. £1400
1 night in Nairobi
5 Days Private Safari for 2 people
3 Game drives per day(Tiring) ;)
4 Nights in various lodges
1 night in Aboseli Game Lodge
1 night in Salt Lick Tsavo East
2 night Voi Safari Lodge Tsavo East​
1 night in Nairobi
approx. £1400 for two

We paid the driver 9000 ksh which is about £68, the going rate is 500 per day per person, we overpaid because the driver was excellent and we spent around £280 for gifts and drinks on the night so at a very reasonable price of £3200.

We saw just about everything we wanted with the exception of Leopards, which were near we just kept missing out ;)

Thanks Kevin.

Good deal.

Leopards are always the most difficult of the large cats to find and then get a decent opportunity to get a good photo.

Just means you will have to go back!!!!!!!!

On another forum I haunt "Safaritalk" ,somebody has just posted a good Leopard video. Hopefully I will be as lucky when I am there.

https://www.youtube....?v=cljFHUDq8tw

Cheers

Back