Sailing at Sunset

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken at the local sailing club around an hour before sunset, taken with the Sigma 100-300 F4.

White Sail by SFB579 :), on Flickr

Sails by SFB579 :), on Flickr

no 1 for me, Steve - its a bit more atmospheric ( maybe due to the blown sun in no2 which i'd be tempted to crop out )

no 1 for me, Steve - its a bit more atmospheric ( maybe due to the blown sun in no2 which i'd be tempted to crop out )

I agree, and I prefer the position of the boat in relation to the suns light in the first.(y)

no 2 steve...it is in keeping with the sunset title and goes for sky interest
cheers
geof

No. 1 for me as well Steve and you've caught the light and angle of the sail just perfectly on it. It might also work with the furthest right boat cropped out, but a fine shot. I can see what the others mean about the sun in the 2nd one, but if you have Lightroom you could tone it down a bit using the grad filter and see how that looks? There looks to be a flare mark just to the left of the brightest boat, but an easy clone job.

Last edited:
I like the tones and the sky in the second one, but I think the sun distracts from the scene and it would look better if you made a more panoramic shot by cropping just at the bottom edge of the sun.

I like the tones and the sky in the second one, but I think the sun distracts from the scene and it would look better if you made a more panoramic shot by cropping just at the bottom edge of the sun.

must agree on that observation Steve...

Back