Sailing Ship.

Love this! A well-composed and technically well-executed photograph. The muted colors and calm atmosphere give the photograph a sense of peace and tranquility.

I agree, excellent composition using the negative space to create the Big Sky

Was I the only one who just saw the grey at the top and waiting for ages for the rest of the picture to load :thinking:

Seeing the whole image it looks good though.

Excellent use of negative space. That should be on your wall.

Thank you all for the encouraging remarks, I really do like this type of photograph and getting some good feedback will encourage me to continue.

A very difficult style to get right, but I think you've nailed it with this one. Has a lovely emotive feel about it.

A very difficult style to get right, but I think you've nailed it with this one. Has a lovely emotive feel about it.
:agree:

Was I the only one who just saw the grey at the top and waiting for ages for the rest of the picture to load :thinking:

Seeing the whole image it looks good though.

Yep, same here too.
Excellent shot, it really works well.
I did think of cropping it to a square but preferred it with out a crop, what do you think?

I did think of cropping it to a square but preferred it with out a crop, what do you think?
I saw a blank square too at first, depends on software — doesn’t happen on Flickr. I lke it as it is but probably needs to be a print to avoid these viewing problems.

No, I think it works really well as it is. I’ve tried a couple of times scrolling on the phone to view it in a square crop and it just doesn’t have the same effect.
I imagine it would look fantastic in a tall frame on the wall.

No, as is for me. An image should have impact and the negative space here is what gives it tons of that. The space also gives it a story, implying the boat is miles from anywhere and alone. It keeps me wondering is it lost and why, or is it heading for bad weather?

There's a lot of space but that makes this one for me. (y)

Back