Sanderling

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
A couple from this weekend to my local beach, i had been here a few days prior (as sods law has it without the camera) and there were a lot more types of wader, but so has it the flock that was there at the weekend there were only Sanderlings, but I still find them cute so I took a few snaps.
14835379187_bfbdf958ba_z.jpg

14825899587_06f62ec7fe_z.jpg

And another, not the best framing I'll admit but i wanted to include the trail of spray off it's wings as it flew after bathing itself
15012158505_b5d30ab78d_z.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn`t be too down on the last one Graeme, I really like the action in the shot, bird is a bit central, but the action compensates for that.

The first two are pleasing enough shots as well.

I wouldn`t be too down on the last one Graeme, I really like the action in the shot, bird is a bit central, but the action compensates for that.

The first two are pleasing enough shots as well.
Cheers Ade, glad someone thinks so.

I do agree with you as i found it a little awkward to frame to also include the spray trail, but I guess it works.

I appreciate the comment :)

Last edited:
All three offer a nice detailed, but different view of the Sanderling, Graeme :) - nice work again!

(P.S. Responses are quite slow on the forum at present - one of my posts remains unanswered even after 70 viewings)

Russ

Thanks Russ, and yes does seem so !

Nice angle and detail.

Cheers :)

Like the 1sr one the shallow dof works well with the gravel.

Thanks, yes I personally think it is my favourite too - full frame so that is how I saw it. :)

very nice shots....they seem quite approachable..mark
yes, and no, the 800mm certainly helps, and if you're careful and take your time I think they partly adjust to you being there. If you get too close they either a) run away, or b) bury their head and beak in their body and actively turn away from you (i think they think that if they can't see you then you aren't there, lol), so the 800mm allows me to get close enough but retain my distance to allow the birds to carry out their natural behaviour which is what I love.

Thank you :)

They're all really quite good, but the last shot and the action involved just makes it a bit out of the ordinary which I like (y)

Back