Sarah (new flash)

Name
Zak Millard
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_4679_copysmall.jpg

a picture of my wonderful cousin sarah, i have just bought a new flash gun and wanted to try it out this was using bounce flash i know it wont win awards but what do you think??? cnc welcome.

A portrait full of character, although the bags under her eyes tell a a tale or two. The pose displays a strong bond between the photographer and subject. Technique wise. The bounced flash has worked very well, and can be used with confidence in the future. Soft flattering light. It may not win awards, but says more about the subject than a million false posed perfect pics ever will. I think you did well.

hey thanks, yeah shes got alot on atm and she didnt feel well =( yeah we have a very strong friendship and shes been there through alot with me and continues to.thank you, it really captures her, she is so bubbly and exciting and funny and always laughing so i think the pose works lol thank you for the kind words =]

zak

Good pose by the model but I think you could get better out of the photo by reframing (cropping off the picture over her head) and by ajusting the white balance (it is all very yellow). It is a pity her right eye is hidden by her hair, for me it is the eyes that give emotion to a photo.

It does appear a little soft, and/or a touch noisy. As you are now using your flash you don't need your ISO up at 800 which may have contributed to the noise (not sure how the 400D copes with higher ISOs)

it may be noisy becasue i added a shapening filter to it lol thanks for the comments, and thanks for the flash gun flash in the pan !!!!!

zak

Back