Saturdays visit to Cotswold Wildlife Park - Oxfordshire

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Heres a few images from our recent visit to Cotswold Wildlife Park.

First time shooting Animals/Wildlife.

Last edited:
Love the poses in 2 my kinda shot (y)
That meercat actually looks p'ssed :D

More seriously
Its a shame you clipped the Otters tail, 'tis a good shot none the less.
the goat on the tin roof is not really flattering.
The flamingo's are rather messy no real focal point.
If you have a large file you could crop the wolf to a head shot and lose the
platform.
And cats (anything) behind wire never really work.

Hope that helps

However as a first go, I'd say they are all good, nice and sharp, well exposed etc (y)

A really good set of images for a first time Matt. Would like to see some more.

Have to agree with what Chris says actually. Thinking about it though, they remind me of Chris on a night out, if he aint on the bottle (#2) then he's on the tiles (#3 & 5) :LOL: :D

Thanks for taking the time to comment Guys.

I agree with ref the Big Cat.. However preffered shooting it in the cage ;)
As for the Goat just thought it was bit odd it being on the roof??

Thanks again

Having another look, I think I might have tried to fill the frame, especially with the wolf and the meerkat, but thats my opinion and other people may say no, thats what I like about photography the differing opinions and neither are right or wrong.

Do agree with Chris on this one, though for a first time they are not to bad, you have some of the basics sorted, the eyes look sharp, have some good depth of field in some, just need to work on what to leave out.

I am running a meet there on the 19th if you fancy it, am sure we can give you some pointers :D

Right! thats it, I am writing to my MP. You people shouldn't be allowed to arrange meets during the rugby season....because I cant get there.:shake:

Anytime after April please Stuart. Thanks mate.(y)

By the way Matt try Longleat, great photo opportunities there.

I will def consider it Stuart, Depends if the better half has arranged anything :( Thanks.

Right! thats it, I am writing to my MP. You people shouldn't be allowed to arrange meets during the rugby season....because I cant get there.:shake:

Anytime after April please Stuart. Thanks mate.(y)

By the way Matt try Longleat, great photo opportunities there.

If I can, I will :)

I will def consider it Stuart, Depends if the better half has arranged anything :( Thanks.

No probs, you will be more than welcome :)

Will stop Hijacking the thread now :naughty:

Heres a few more:

The reptiles were shot low light with ISO 1600 and through thick dirty glass (Excuses Excuses)

Ah my mate MR Panda :) the Rhino is a tad tight, but has the makings of a good one, just not quite as tight next time.

Back