Saturdays wedding - Castle Fraser

• Thread starter reddeathdrinker
  • Start date
R

reddeathdrinker

The remit was simple, the standard group photos, plus some detail shots, and then it was a case of "fill yer boots!"

The venue was Castle Fraser, in Aberdeenshire:

As was traditional, the bride wore a dress...

...and shoes...

She got hair... (mirror had scalloped edges, produced this wonderful play of light across her reflection!)

...and make-up done...

And 3 beautiful Bridesmaids...

The Groom and the Best Man.

...who had last minute thought about his speech...

Post-ceremony, tea and scones (with clotted cream and strawberries!) were served in the entrance hall... (Really fast guests at this wedding!)

A piper led the guests round to the meal

Ahh, nothing like a good wedding!

I used my SB-600 off-camera for 95% of the photos on the day, Shot everything in 14-bit RAW, and aside from a little cropping, rotating and levels adjustment, the photos are exactly as shot, at the brides request. Some will be converted to B&W and I would like to thank Rona (Starlet) for her invaluable assistance, and second-shooter appearance on the day. Overall, I'm very pleased with them, the shots going forward to the B&G from the day total 420, taken from 11AM right through till half-past midnight.

C&C welcome, only way to improve;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some lovely shots there, but the 'tea and scones' one ????????

Some lovely shots there, but the 'tea and scones' one ????????

It's an impression of motion - the bride's a bit of a 'tog herself, preferred it to the stationary, flash-lit shot... I think it will be a "Marmite" shot, either love it, or hate it...

Nice castle shot, bar the van (and your tripod!?) + slight straighten.

Yup, my tripod, couldn't avoid the caterers van though I'm afraid. I tried levelling the roofline, but it's put the verticals all out (it's not a straight castle to begin with!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
''impression of motion'' mmmmm i must remember that.....lol.

Anyway they are some lovely shots and im sure they will be chuffed.

I had a fantastic day but have to say my legs were so painfull the next day i could hardly walk!! Running up and down those stairs to the tower......ouch!

Thanks again Alaisdair!

Tea and Scones- Excellent and soooo different :clap: I'm sure the B&G will be very pleased(y)

I like the tea and scones one actually but do you know what I thought might have made it a bit better, having the bride and groom stood still in the middle so that all the guests were blurred but the B&G in focus?

Love the way you have got the colours just popping out in the bride and bridesmaid one.

I like the tea and scones one actually but do you know what I thought might have made it a bit better, having the bride and groom stood still in the middle so that all the guests were blurred but the B&G in focus?

Consider it done next time ;)

Love the way you have got the colours just popping out in the bride and bridesmaid one.

Thanks - Got to say that all the wedding guests were very receptive to my cajoling and general bossing about, even the ones I caught trying to sneak in without getting their photo taken!!

Back