Savernake Forest at Dawn

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
I headed out with 2 fellow local photographers (Matt & Jake) to Savenake Forest in Marlborough, Wiltshire first thing this morning. I didn't quite get the shot I was hoping for even though I knew in my head what I wanted. I plan to head back there in a couple of weeks. The leaves have just started turning and I think it will be full of beautiful golds and browns in a few weeks time. I think I'll also head there a little later in the morning to capture the suns rays shining through from a higher angle. In any case, this was probably the best of this morning's picks from me...

View attachment 21288

Well Damien I like yourself have set of with a great location and image in mind only to be disappointed. That is the the nature of the beast.:eek: As you say in a few weeks time and with a different time of day I think you should get your reward.(y)

Why did you shoot at f3.5 mate? It's made the foreground leaves and background trees soft and out of focus.
The horizon is dead central in the image, which cuts the image in half too much. I'd personally get rid of the foreground up to the tree.

Hey Jake, I was shooting with wide aperture to get deliberate background blur, but I focused in the wrong part of the image. And regarding horizon, you're dead right. I appreciate the CC. I attempted a different woodland shot yesterday morning (title Autumn Golds), which is being uploaded now. Hopefully I did better second time around.

Back