Saxstead Windmill

Very nice shot there Tom, nice and sharp front to back.

Hi Tom
Really like your images normally but the cloud behind the windmill makes it appear 'chimney' like and just draws my eye directly to it. Lovely and sharp though as Steve says. Hth. Chris.

That's really nice. I love that the corn is sharp in the foreground. I wonder if it would benefit from warming up the white balance a bit.

That's really nice. I love that the corn is sharp in the foreground. I wonder if it would benefit from warming up the white balance a bit.
Corn? Probably barley. ;)

Love it mate. Times I've passed there but always without a camera.:(

Corn? Probably barley. ;)

Well I am English so I am using the word corn to be the generic term that covers all cereal crops such as wheat, barley, oats, etc. I expect you think of maize when corn is mentioned, but that is the American use of the word.

Very nice. It's a place I've shot many times. Did you use the strategically placed hole in the fence?;)

Thanks guys. There's a couple of things I'm going to tweak on this later I think. It is wheat by the way.

Very nice. It's a place I've shot many times. Did you use the strategically placed hole in the fence?;)

I didn't see a hole. I just walked up the road & in through the field entrance. It's a nice little spot & not to far from home either!

Thanks guys. There's a couple of things I'm going to tweak on this later I think. It is wheat by the way.

I didn't see a hole. I just walked up the road & in through the field entrance. It's a nice little spot & not to far from home either!
Hi, I see where you were now. A little further up to your left there is a small wooded area with a chainlink fence which some kind soul has cut a hole in at tripod height.

Very nicely done. I love that foreground. Horizon is a bit central but I wouldn't really want to crop anything out as it works fine.

Liking the detail within the foreground and you have managed to maintain it throughout which certainly make this pop out Tom, top draw, where you playingaround with hyperfocal distance by any chance ?

Liking the detail within the foreground and you have managed to maintain it throughout which certainly make this pop out Tom, top draw, where you playingaround with hyperfocal distance by any chance ?

Thanks Kevin & yes I often use my hyperfocal distance app to make sure I have enough dof. I think I was on the limit with this shot tho as the wheat was very close to the camera. Wasn't sure if it would work out when I got it on the computer screen but luckily it seems to have :)

Very nice shot it's got lots going on and it just looks great. I really like the dramatic sky.

The Cereal crop is great with the windmill. Like the sun setting...

Lovely job. Love the colours and tones. I like the fact you have retained the shadows somewhat in the crop field and not felt the need to over expose it. Gives it a lovely atmosphere :)

Back