SD USB card readers

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I'm new here and I'm a complete photography novice. I have an SD card from an old camera with a load of pictures on that I really would like on my computer, however the camera which I took the photo's on is now broke. I have heard that I can buy a reader which you can insert the SD card into and then just stick it in your USB port. However most of the ones that I have seen only support micro SD cards, my SD card is this one http://www.medword.com/pics/msh_128_lg.jpg.

Can anyone tell me which card reader I should buy? And where from?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Rob.

Hello!

I've got a Kingston (part #FCR-HS219/1) that will read most types of card. You can get most card readers for anywhere between £5 and £25, just make sure it's compatible with your computer (a lot aren't vista compatible).

tbh most pound shops have sd usb card readers that do the job, unfortunately they don't do them for compact flash :crying:

your local Maplin or PC World will have a multi card USB reader.

Edit:

SD is one of many formats of memory card. SD, Mini SD, Micro SD, Compact Flash, xD. The one you have linked to is a Sony Memory Stick and isn't a SD card (Secure Digital)

Sorry! I warned you I was completely clueless. So it's a memory card reader I need then. Any advice on one to get?

Thanks.

Thanks for that!

I really would like to buy a card reader but have no idea whether my memory card will fit into it. I'll have a look about online and try and see if I can get something sorted.

Oh and I would take it to a photo place to get it done however I'm almost 100% sure that there are some dodgy pictures of me and the ex on there.

Haha thanks anyway,

Rob.

Oh and I would take it to a photo place to get it done however I'm almost 100% sure that there are some dodgy pictures of me and the ex on there.

If it's an ex, surely it doesn't matter!

I think I got my card reader from dabs or somewhere similair if it's any help.

Robbb, where are you in the country? You might find a friendly member here who's willing to meet somewhere and transfer the pictures onto a CD for you. You might also find that you can transfer images from card to CD in some supermarkets - not sure how confidential they are though...

I think I have found one which I'm going to buy.

Thanks for all of your help :)

Rob.

Sandisk do good card readers, although not the cheapest - if you look on their web it'll tell you which model will read which card (y)

Back