SDHC Memory

Edit My Images
Yes
Nice easy question.. What speed memory do you all buy 15/20/30 mb/s and which make??

Will the faster card help up the speed after shooting high fps? Will i notice on a D90?

Just thinking would it be an advantage when shooting motorsport?

Thanks
Simon

I recently got a D90 and bought one Sandisk 30 Mbps sdhc card, along with a series of slower cards.

As expected my conclusion was I could have saved and stuck to the slower cards, but then I don't expect to do much in the way of continuous shooting. That's the only time the sandisk would be better -- in normal use it's irrelevant due to the camera buffer.

ALso even the sandisk isn't fast enough for serious RAW continuous shooting, so the difference really only kicks in at > 20+ JPEG fines

Note - take what I say with a pinch of salt -- newbie warning!

The "slower" cards I got were "transcend class 6" and they actually seemed relatively fast when copying images off. Quite happy as they were only £11 for 8Gb from 7dayshop.

I've got a Class 6 SDHC card, and I have to say I've not noticed any speed difference between that and the mixed bag of ordinary SD cards in write performance. But, given the price differences between the Class 6 and Class 4 (the higher the class the faster supposedly) I saw no point not buying the Class 6.

That's very true. I picked up a new SDHC card reader for about 60p from HK on ebay if you need one.

Back