Sea Gull with fluff not so cute

Name
dean
Edit My Images
Yes
took these the other day is there a way to change the sea behind to make it stand out better.

tp15_2.jpg

tp15_1.jpg

thanks

tarric

Hi Dean, two good action shots of a Gull`s natural behaviour. As mentioned they are overexposed but I think it is hardly likely you will get too much detail back from them, and imo trying to change the bg will make them look even more false looking.

..I think it is hardly likely you will get too much detail back from them..

There should be plenty of detail in there, I just had a quick play with the JPEG and you can pull it back quite a bit just with a basic curves adjustment.

The original file, especially if it was shot in raw, would be perfectly salvageable I think.

There should be plenty of detail in there, I just had a quick play with the JPEG and you can pull it back quite a bit just with a basic curves adjustment.

The original file, especially if it was shot in raw, would be perfectly salvageable I think.

Well James as the OP has edit enabled, perhaps you could show us what you have achieved.

Don't really see the point with a massively compressed JPEG, as it's just going to look poor. That is fair enough

But you can tell there is detail there, which would be greater in the original file.
It would be greater but imo you would still not get enough detail back from the blown whites

Back