Critique Seagull at Lynmouth More images added

Name
Mandy
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a visit to Lynmouth amongst some other places over this week end i had a fantastic time out with my cameras, I have taken this shot of a Seagull on my 600D with my new Sigma 70-300mm lens and i am rather chuffed to bits with it. As always any comments and crit will be very welcome as Bird photography is not my strongest point.

Seagull by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

its sharp enough mandy ,you could have done with a touch of pos exposure compensation though to lift the shadows ,unless you can do that in p/s

Every reason to be pleased Mandy, it's well caught, the composition is good and it's a nice angle on the bird itself ... I agree with Jeff, lifting the shadows will bring out even more of the bird and took the liberty of a quick edit on the small file ... let me know if you prefer it removed :)

View attachment 12910

Every reason to be pleased Mandy, it's well caught, the composition is good and it's a nice angle on the bird itself ... I agree with Jeff, lifting the shadows will bring out even more of the bird and took the liberty of a quick edit on the small file ... let me know if you prefer it removed :)

View attachment 12910

Thanks for taking the time to look and thanks for the edit the quick edit makes all the difference.

in the winter months ,and remembering i overlook the sea we have hundreds of gulls every day on the green out the front of the house ,a few slices of bread gives me target and exposure practise as required .only have to walk out the door and theres 20 or 30 wheeling overhead ,clever birds

Nailed that one well Mandy,Looks like a good setup you have.:clap:

really nice image,i actually prefer the original in post 1 lol

Back