Seal pups!

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Some recent picture from orkney! Just started using flickr because the size limitation of the galerie here is too small and picasa seems to require google+ now.
So here I go, I have many so try to put a few put you can look through flickr there a few more.

Using a recently bought 70d and canon 100-400 taken at a fair distance and cropped.

seal-31 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal-54 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal-119 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal-113 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal-196 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal burwick-142 by lemaildetom, on Flickr

seal burwick-127b by lemaildetom, on Flickr

I hope you enjoy them.

Nice set..I assume it's difficult to get near them hence the cropping which, of course,introduces noise.The adult in the last one appears to show noise. These pups always make for a nice photo.which we get to see on here from time to time.

Thanks you for your comment John.

Yes, I'm really not too happy about the noise in these. It was my first outing with the 70D and sad to see that not much has progress in term of noise since the 40D, from fairly low ISO such as 400 I find a lot of detail is lost. And shooting at 400mm I had no other solution that raising the iso to keep a fast shutter speed.

The focus is pretty average too. I find it hard at the such distance to nail it to the exact place I want to be... sadly it's a bit more luck than technique sometime.

I really hope I can do better! Still I enjoy watching seals a lot.

Back