Seal Sands

That works well. Sand ridges draw the eye right into the picture and the cross lighting makes them very distinctive. (y)

Thanks Kev. An engaging shot, well produced. :clap:

I go to Saltholme quite a lot, so I'll have to check-out the tide tables, and get down for a looksee. ;)

Alf / Davie. Thank for your comments both.

Davie, Seal Sands is quite a nice spot to visit. It's a quiet little haven in the middle of all of the industry.

Quite rivetting…As Davie says, 'an engaging shot'

I really like this. The sand ridges really pull you into the image.

Nice shot, lovely light and great texture. Who said Teesside isn't beautiful!

Ruth / Stephen, thanks for commenting.

Seal Sands is quite a gem amongst all of the industry. :)

Nice shot, lovely light and great texture. Who said Teesside isn't beautiful!

Me, you can't polish a T_rd :stop:
Just kidding and a place i have spent a fair few hours, great use of light and textures.

Clever use of the light to add shadows and just highlight the tips of the ridges, which is a really attractive pattern, but it then draws your eyes to the nicely exposed sky as a complete contrast colour and the industrial skyline, again a contrast between nature and mans interaction.

It's not something to put on the wall at home, but as part of a set and/or printed large in an exhibition would look great. Nice work.

Clever use of the light to add shadows and just highlight the tips of the ridges, which is a really attractive pattern, but it then draws your eyes to the nicely exposed sky as a complete contrast colour and the industrial skyline, again a contrast between nature and mans interaction.

It's not something to put on the wall at home, but as part of a set and/or printed large in an exhibition would look great. Nice work.

Thanks Byker! Erm, nope, it won't be hanging on the wall. :)

Nice lines, I think this could work quite well as an abstract with just the sand

Many thanks Gary. Comment appreciated.

Thanks Byker! Erm, nope, it won't be hanging on the wall. :)

Yeah was trying to say I wouldn't have it on my wall, but that doesn't detract from the image. Produced large in an exhibition space, this really wouldn't look out of place.

Yeah was trying to say I wouldn't have it on my wall, but that doesn't detract from the image. Produced large in an exhibition space, this really wouldn't look out of place.

And that's exactly how I took your post.

Thanks again. :)

Back