Sedge Warbler

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a long and fruitless day yesterday, frustrated mainly by the high winds, and the fact that there wasn't much about anyway. The only saving grace was this little songster who made continuous appearances, but way too far away for quality images, so these are big crops right on the limit, but here they are warts and all....

IMG_1878 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

IMG_1894 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

IMG_1882 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

7D, 500mm f/4L and 1.4X TC.

Last edited:
Warts, what warts. I just see some loverly pictures(y)

That's a very good set, even more so considering they are big crops

All I can say CT is that I wish my good shots were that poor ! :D

Do you ever have what most of us mortals would call a bad day ??

Steve

All I can say CT is that I wish my good shots were that poor ! :D

Do you ever have what most of us mortals would call a bad day ??

Steve

LOL. Nice of you to say so Steve, but I have more than my share of bad days. This was a really early start - 25 mile drive and in the hide by 6am and if it hadn't been for this little fella the day would have been a total blank apart from gull shots.

This Sedgie kept singing his head off despite the wind doing it's best to blow him off his perch. You can see how big a crop these were from this full frame shot....

IMG_1894 1 by tonky8203, on Flickr

These really are on the limit, I couldn't show these any larger than this - they're purely web images. It's a testament to the 7D I suppose with crops of this size and high ISOs - I'm not whinging - just pointing out they could be lots better. :D

Last edited:
Good shots Ced considering what you had to play with.

Liking your web site also.(y)

I'm not whinging - just pointing out they could be lots better. :D

What if you had a Nikon you mean Ced`s :LOL: Lovely bird and lovely shots (y)

Thanks for the comments guys - muchly appreciated. :)

never seen one ut will keep a eye on them when I'm out thanks to your nice shots:)

lovely.. :D

That second shot is a beauty :clap: Pity as you said being huge crop's as that would be A3 and hanging on my wall (y)

Back