Selective colour on the streets of york

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Sorry but not sure why you would selectively colour these. They don't do anything for me I'm afraid, they just look like snaps with most of the colour removed for some reason.

I think if you are going to do selective colour then that's the way to do it i.e. a specific 'item' only.
I quite like #1 but the red is too saturated IMO and the last works well, picking out the PC's amongst the crowd :)

I don't usually like this method but these are great. It picks a theme out in a crowd.

I think if you are going to do selective colour then that's the way to do it i.e. a specific 'item' only.
I quite like #1 but the red is too saturated IMO and the last works well, picking out the PC's amongst the crowd :)

Number 4 is my fav :)

I don't usually like this method but these are great. It picks a theme out in a crowd.

Thanks all for looking, much appreciated. The red in the 1st one looks really vibrant when I view on my phone screen, but not so much on my laptop,

i like #4

the rest i can take or leave but that one just works for me

Like it or not, with selective colouring you've got to be very careful to only get the required elements colours. I think you need to practise your masking a bit as there are a couple of areas where you've got over the edges of what was the intended areas.

i like #4

the rest i can take or leave but that one just works for me

Thank you Matt for taking a look.

Like it or not, with selective colouring you've got to be very careful to only get the required elements colours. I think you need to practise your masking a bit as there are a couple of areas where you've got over the edges of what was the intended areas.

I would agree with that Andrew, I have noticed a few mistakes, always after posting though, but as is said quite often, practice makes perfect, whatever perfect may be :)

Selective colouring kills kittens :(

That aside IMO the main issue with threse is not the colour pop but the B&W conversion which is very muddy and lacking in contrasting tones - did you use desaturation ? if so I'd say try one of the other techniques like gradient mapping or playing with colour channels before conversion

It's always good to see my home City in images. Its very Schindler's list ! I like it.
Thanks Nick.

Selective colouring kills kittens :(

That aside IMO the main issue with threse is not the colour pop but the B&W conversion which is very muddy and lacking in contrasting tones - did you use desaturation ? if so I'd say try one of the other techniques like gradient mapping or playing with colour channels before conversion

Yes I used desaturation, that is the only way I know. Will have to have a search for those other techniques.

Number 4 is amazing. however i don't find number 3 that effective sorry.

Back