Semi Abstract Orchid

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
More of a test to make sure I'm getting everything right within forum size limits. I'm currently undertaking a small set of semi abstract floral images, so thought I'd throw one in to the lions den. I've got broad shoulders so your c+c is most welcome.
Craig

I really like this so your broad shoulder won't need testing. I do wonder if this would benefit from a central composition.

Hi Craig & :welcome:

I'm usually always with T. & Bryn but I quite like the off centred comp (sorry @Tintin124 & @cg_ please forgive me) & l also quite like the idea of 'semi abstract' flower images - so keep them coming in. How did you do it or is that a big secret :)

Hi Craig & :welcome:

I'm usually always with T. & Bryn but I quite like the off centred comp (sorry @Tintin124 & @cg_ please forgive me) & l also quite like the idea of 'semi abstract' flower images - so keep them coming in. How did you do it or is that a big secret :)

No!:p:D

In fairness usually i would rarely go for a central comp, off centre is 99% way better, with this i think it might be the illusion of seeing more of it though:D either way i am drawn to how it is done and could work really well on a variety of flowers:)

No!:p:D

In fairness usually i would rarely go for a central comp, off centre is 99% way better, with this i think it might be the illusion of seeing more of it though:D either way i am drawn to how it is done and could work really well on a variety of flowers:)

The truth is I can never ever make my mind up - gone from a career of always making many & fast decisions in business to 'sitting on the fence' so much I have splinters up my 'you know where' :(

Many thanks all for the feedback and constructive words. I think I would have gone for a more central crop had I not been lazy and took the stick out that was supporting the stem. I will have to re shoot and compare crops.
As far as the technique used. Fairly straightforward really. I used my 18-105, started at the narrow end and zoomed in to around 75mm over the course of a half second exposure. Aperture was around f11 from memory, but that was just what it came out at in the available light. It's very much a trial and error method and I guess I must have binned 25 shots along the way to arriving at this one. Thank you all again for the feedback.

Many thanks all for the feedback and constructive words. I think I would have gone for a more central crop had I not been lazy and took the stick out that was supporting the stem. I will have to re shoot and compare crops.
As far as the technique used. Fairly straightforward really. I used my 18-105, started at the narrow end and zoomed in to around 75mm over the course of a half second exposure. Aperture was around f11 from memory, but that was just what it came out at in the available light. It's very much a trial and error method and I guess I must have binned 25 shots along the way to arriving at this one. Thank you all again for the feedback.

And thank you for sharing your technique - I have an 18-105mm so will stick it on my list to try (y)

Nice zoom blur - personally the non-centred composition adds to the image for me (y)

Here's No. 2 in the set, hopefully. Your critique is most welcome again.

This one has gone a bit too far for me, but it's all subjective. If I didn't already know it was a flower I may struggle to work that out, but perhaps that it what you were aiming for?

Back