Sensor cleaning recommendations (Bedfordshire if possible)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hi all, well my 5D has a load of dust spots and this is despite cleaning the sensor with a rocket blower, then lenspen then a wet clean :-(

There are still about a dozen stubborn dust spots / marks.

So, Im going to get it properly done by a shop but Ill be jiggered if I know where to go for this so wondering if anyone has any recommendations on such? I'd prefer bedfordshire based so I can walk in and collect myself rather than postage, or if theres anyone in cambridge I could have a day out with the mrs at the same time perhaps?

Only shop I know in Cambridge is Campkins, but no idea if they do sensor cleaning there and then, got my doubts though.

Bit surprised a wet clean didn't work, might be worth giving it another go or two. Always clean mine myself, lot of shops are not great and you might be disappointed with the results.

You can apply the same sort of force on a swab that you would do when writing, bit more actually, low pass filter is not as delicate as some make it out to be

Might need a stronger solution, Visible Dust do a range of fluids for different types of marks. There is a place up in Norfolk that I have heard do a good job, called ACS in Watton and do sensor cleans while you wait

I swear by the Ricoh/Pentax sensor "lollipop" - think its product code is O-ICK1 or something. Very stick and pulled all manner of gunk off mine.

For the sake of £30 (maybe less?) might be worth a go? Took me about 60 seconds all in, I reckon*. And that was taking my time.

* I do have a tiny little crop sensor though ;)

I put my camera into our local High street camera shop Peter Draper
65 High Street
Rushden NN10 0QE
Phone number 01933 419909
He then sends it to Northampton which might be http://www.skearsphoto.com/ it came back after 48 hours and cost me £30

Campkins in Cambridge charge £50, and only do it week days

Jessops did my partners d3 sensor. Charged £50 for a 1 hour service.You can have a 2 day turn around for £30. He cleaned the view finder and pentaprism also. They are also insured against scratching the sensor. I have to say he did a great job and I was happy with the service.

Back