Critique SEO at Dusk

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally after 5 days I managed to get the sort of photographs I was after....

Taken as the sun was low in the sky and light fading, I positioned myself in a bush with the sun to my left and hopefully behind the SEO as I wanted to back light my images !

Nikon D500 + 500PF + 1.4TC HH 1/1000 f8 auto ISO

13-01-2023 Short Eared Owl 1.jpg13-01-2023 Short Eared Owl 2.jpg13-01-2023 Short Eared Owl 3.jpg13-01-2023 Short Eared Owl 4.jpg13-01-2023 Short Eared Owl 5.jpg

Nice set there sadly in short supply round here this year

No 4 for me Steve crit wise I think there is more to be had obviously I know nowt of your processing,, it needs sharpening and personally I'd use curves and levels to darken bkg and lift owl and also give some punch to the colours.the last few frames the set made together sort of look washed out

mate.you have not said how big the crop is or isn't ?

There is more here in post Steve...and post is my knife fight so I'm not really the guy to help you..................... encourage you oh hell yeah but advise not so much.

starter for ten crit wise huh? :p

stu

No 4 for me Steve crit wise I think there is more to be had obviously I know nowt of your processing,, it needs sharpening and personally I'd use curves and levels to darken bkg and lift owl and also give some punch to the colours.the last few frames the set made together sort of look washed out

mate.you have not said how big the crop is or isn't ?

There is more here in post Steve...and post is my knife fight so I'm not really the guy to help you..................... encourage you oh hell yeah but advise not so much.

starter for ten crit wise huh? :p

stu
Thanks for taking your time to crit, crop is heavy over 50% and ISO was 2500, PP limited to Topaz DeNoise after crop then adjusting a few levels in LR, my skills do not run to PS. Always on my list to learn PS but somehow never seem to find the time, perhaps I should find the time !

Thanks for taking it the right way......Steve .you work with computers? from your sig avatar whatever..........you need to understand curves and levels, if that means PSCC so be it. Mate I'd guess I scratch at a tenth of a percent of what photoshop can do for my images. But if I can use that teeny tiny bit a computer guy can go places I can only dream of.

what Ii'm trying to get out is we live in the digital domain we make images there................one can never really fulfill the potential of the images we make without PP skills. Steve I described me and PP as a knife fight, it really is that it's so so hard for me , but it's neeeded. it doesn't matter if it's hard compared to bumbling up to a hare it's just part of our lot our gig ( if you want to try and squeeze the best of the frame you made that is)

so yeah find the time (y) :)

Back