Shameless Bokeh and My Girls

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to see Santa today with the Girls and with Heidi 1st birthday on Sunday been shooting lots with the 50mm 1.8 and loving it when you nail focus.

IMG_8596
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_8590
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_8593
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_8600
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Practising her poses...

IMG_8610
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. And the shameless bokeh

IMG_8623
by bthomas124, on Flickr

As my kids are coming up 1 and 3 these are essentially grab shots as staying still it not an thing.

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Aww they are very cute indeed. I get the idea behind the Christmas bokeh, and it works well but for some reason I really like the third image with the shopping trolley more in frame.

I think you are onto something here.. I'm imagining a baby portrait with baby in the shopping trolley (as in this, but the whole thing in frame) and supermarket shelves either side leading into the distance. For some reason I think the Brenizer method would work well here...

Numbers 2 & 4 I think are lacking the eye contact of the others, and don't work as well as a result.

Bokeh balls indeed!

I think #2 would benefit from a crop off the bottom to remove the handle.

I wasn't sure when I did remove so left it on for context.

Aww they are very cute indeed. I get the idea behind the Christmas bokeh, and it works well but for some reason I really like the third image with the shopping trolley more in frame.

I think you are onto something here.. I'm imagining a baby portrait with baby in the shopping trolley (as in this, but the whole thing in frame) and supermarket shelves either side leading into the distance. For some reason I think the Brenizer method would work well here...

Numbers 2 & 4 I think are lacking the eye contact of the others, and don't work as well as a result.

Cheers mate they are indeed super cute. And a late night shop might be in order to try your suggestion. Probably best not at Christmas though.

Enchanting :)
And to give you gas..... 85 1.4

Problem I have if I buy the sigma 85 1.4 I know the ART version will come out shortly after and blow the socks off everything.

I like the shots, but the bokeh is pretty dire.
I do not like the way your lens produces hard edges to the highlight circles.
"Good Bokeh" is about the smoothness and creaminess of the transitions in the out of focus areas.

While I am definately not "into" Ken Rockwell he does describe it very well here http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm
and shows some very clear examples.

I like the shots, but the bokeh is pretty dire.
I do not like the way your lens produces hard edges to the highlight circles.
"Good Bokeh" is about the smoothness and creaminess of the transitions in the out of focus areas.

While I am definately not "into" Ken Rockwell he does describe it very well here http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm
and shows some very clear examples.

Very interesting though I don't see any examples where there is a light source pointing at the lens such as a christm as tree. Don't think I've ever seen soft edged bokeh on christmas lights but I just may not have come across it.

Back