Share your favourite 2014 sports photo

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
What's the best or favourite photo you have taken this year?

It doesn't have to be technically brilliant, it can be one that has made you smile or even one that didn't quite make it

Happy Christmas sports snappers :)

Always difficult to pick a favorite but this one floated my boat and ticked all the creative boxes. It was an off the cuff shot i just noticed the shadows being thrown from the spotlight whilst walking the couple in the grounds, took a little while to work out the best way to do it but was really happy with the result.

0593%2B.jpg

This is my only sports picture, so therefore my fave -)
Mo Farah at the London Marathon

13824630195_c8b1356c60_h.jpg

What's the best or favourite photo you have taken this year?

It doesn't have to be technically brilliant, it can be one that has made you smile or even one that didn't quite make it

Happy Christmas sports snappers :)

I always thinks its a bit unfair if not un thingy when people start threads like this without posting there own ............ So I will show you mine if you show me yours :)

Hahaha, fair point. When I get on my laptop later, I will post one of mine.

Here's one from the tour de France a cyclist that was following them all the way setting was
30mm
S/s :1/125
Iso: 400
f/8

Sorry for the size unfortunately taptalk doesn't allow any bigger file size but here is the URL https://flic.kr/p/oighhS

Oops For some reason I did not see the word sports and just read the headline of the text of the thread which did not mention it ! Its been a tough year - thats my excuse anyway ;)

That's no excuse :LOL:

It also says sports in the body ;) :p :D

To be fair there was probably a bit "sport" later......sorry i'll get me coat!!

common wealth games time trials taking a photo of you taking a photo of me taking a photo of her

IMG_1865 by hoochy1, on Flickr

Not a brilliant photo but I like it for two reasons.

1. It reminds me of a fantastic race between these 2 A40's and the much bigger Jag. I can still hear the A40's screaming fit to burst.
2. I had promised myself "no more pictures of single racing cars, only of cars racing" I think I can count over 20 cars in this shot!

David

https://flic.kr/p/oVZJWG

Last edited:
This is one of my favs of this year [from a non sports snapper], probably the best cricket ground in the country at Wormsley, the players heading in for lunch, they appear at the top of the steps in front of the pavilion with the pitch and scenery laid out behind them.

Words & Wickets 2014 - Authors XI v Actors XI

p989381666-4.jpg

Nice goal pic!

Btw, in case anyone misunderstood my p-taking of @Seba above - he knows that as far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best remote racing shots that I've seen!

Your family would have a fairly miserable Crimbo if you did! :D

You can always play along anyway though!!

Did very little as far as sport is concerned this year but this is my favourite from a small number

Dressage-10 by Fabs., on Flickr

good job i didnt hold my breath...

Ok. Should have said if I have time :p, I have got a programme now (which I got the night of 22nd from the press team) where they used one of my pictures which is actually my favourite.

Last edited:
Last edited:
couldn't pick just one, so i've picked two:

First time shooting at this particular part of Silverstone, nice one of Mr Lorenzo popping the back wheel up:

Jorge Lorenzo
by EDW74, on Flickr

Another first, shooting at my first football match, a huge thankyou to the people at Burton Albion to allow me in and photograph their pre-season game against Sheffield United!

Staff Edit: Photo removed for now, can you check Dataco terms please as this may infringe them

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope I'm not too late!!
This is one I've selected as my favourite from 2014. It's the event that started it all for me, and I can't stop taking photo's of sports as a result.
Not as good as many, but I rememebr the buzz I got from getting these shots.
View attachment 28011
nsoXte

Last edited:
This was my fave of 2014. Glasgow Rangers v Falkirk in the SPL in the Rememberance Day game held at Ibrox.

Staff Edit: Photo removed for now, can you check Dataco terms please as this may infringe them

Nicky Law pops in the first goal right in front of me. The goal was a bit scrappy but the celebration was cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys - removed a couple of pictures, football ones, that may well infringe Dataco T&C's, sorry about that. You will need to check and confirm you are not breaking their terms by posting them - if not, feel free to put them back and if you need help on what they are and how to apply them, people like @KIPAX and @DemiLion will know them more intimately than we as staff do. :)

Back