Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

Both are really great pictures, I can't decide between the two which is my favourite, there are more people in the second but less noticeable where as in the first he stands out a bit. Still great images =)

First time I'd been at night Tim. It was absolutely stunning!

You're right OJ, I did try and get rid of him but I'm not great with photoshop :confused:

Both beautiful shots Adam. Can't decided beween the two although I am leaning more towards the second, but it's the guy in the central tunnel that holds me back. Excellent work all the same.

Great complementary colours too, pretty jealous :rolleyes:.

I prefer the composition of the 1st, and also the coloursbof the sky in the first seem a little more complimentary.

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I've removed the people in the second easily enough but the first (which is my favourite) is beyond my capability unfortunately :(

EDIT: Managed to remove the guy :banana:

Last edited:
Superb, I like both of them. A really nice location for photography and beautiful lightning. I think the central character in the second picture doesn't distract the overall picture and you have some nice light trail in the second one. What is it going up the side stairs?

Superb, I like both of them. A really nice location for photography and beautiful lightning. I think the central character in the second picture doesn't distract the overall picture and you have some nice light trail in the second one. What is it going up the side stairs?

Thanks Thomas.

A little embarrassed to say I don't have a bloody clue!

Wow!! Great set. Nice light and composition. Would have preferred more room at the top in#1, and perhaps more of a starburst from the lights (f16) ?!

Nice!!

Thanks Joe that's really useful critique. I was so pleased to make it in time to catch some light that I played safe with f11 and never stopped to think about starbursts. Next time eh!

Thanks and yes they are Shaheed. I had to change the Exif data to get the RAWs into Lightroom!

Love the first with the foreground (cuboidal) interest.

This is not my area of expertise -did you need any filters or just a tripod?

Love the first with the foreground (cuboidal) interest.

This is not my area of expertise -did you need any filters or just a tripod?

Originally I was shooting a little further back trying to get some light trails from the odd passing car, but when I walked closer I loved the details in the light and knew it would make for an interesting foreground element.

It was getting pretty dark at that point so I just used a tripod, set it to aperture priority (f11), ISO 100, and started firing. I did tweak exposure with exposure compensation a few times but other than that I barely touched it.

Planning on doing a mini-series of the mosque over the next few weeks, inshallah :D

Thanks Thomas.

A little embarrassed to say I don't have a bloody clue!

They're pretty cool anyway, looks like something flying as it's not following the staircase. Not so keen on the trail crossing in front but the side one are really cool! I'm intrigued!

Last edited:
Nice set, Adam. It's photography gold - and tripod friendly inside as well if you revisit

Back