Shooting babies !

Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone

I have a portrait shoot next week and for the first time it’s a mother, farther and their 3 month sold son. I’ve worked with kids and adults so I’m happy with thing in general and my kit. I’ve also have an idea of the style of shots I want. But I would love to hear any pointers or thing to avoid when working with babies from others.

Thank everyone
Debs

If youare shooting babies in their birthday suit, make sure you have some towels on the floor to protect anything that may be there (like your cloth backdrop), When shooting, if you want any eye contact, it's hard. A tip is to have someone stand directly behind you to grab baby's attention with a toy of some sort. Otherwise their eyes will be all over the place.

3 months is a difficult age to shoot. At that age they are not able to prop themselves up so a bean bag for posing them on their own is a good idea. I like the Lastolite Baby Poser but ataround £80 it is expensive.

JD

Hi JD

Thanks for that, some great tips there. I love the idea of the bean bag (y) I'll pop out and see if I can get hold of a cheep one befoire next weekend.

Good point about mess as well. I hadn't thought about that :eek:

Last edited:
Back