Shooting with female photographer Jamari Lior

Edit My Images
No
I was shooting the other days with the fellow photographer friend JAMARI LIOR. I think she is truly awesome :D
She writes books, do teaching at the university, workshops and modeling. She is also a photographer ;)
More photos are coming...

Model: Jamari Lior
MUA & Hair: Katharina
Photographer: Anh Tu Nguyen Photography
Assistant: Thu Thuy

Memento Mori
by Anh Tu Nguyen Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very pretty model and almost a very nice shot, my issue is with the processing the top of the image around her head height and above, the transition between this and the bottom is to great. If the top was to match the rest of the shot it would help quite a lot IMHO.

I agree with Steve-The image looks almost composite, the BG looks wrong to me, lovely model though

Les ;)

Its a fantastic portrait. The mist works well, and adds to the feels of the whole thing. I think you need to view it bigger then it is here, there are nuances in the image it would be easy to miss. I would like to see it printed big. Its great

Isn't it a shame that when someone posts a genuinely great picture, the great and the good of TP still a manage to run it down.

Well down OP, it's a lovely portrait.
The highlighted bit of your post is just your opinion others will differ, you are not wrong and neither are they. If someone posts an image to ask an opinion would you want people to tell porkies?

People people, it's not a composite! Not everyone likes shooting in studio and leave the rest on PTS.
We shot in the location and the mist was created by smoking bomb! Everything in the photograph are real as they should be.

Last edited:
I like it
Raynyboy : I don't think negative opinions should be discouraged........ You learn different perspective from that
You learn much more than what you get from " nice pic"
That being said: I like the picture a lot

Location and lighting is great and I like the models pose but I think the smoke bomb is too much. I think that would have worked if slightly over all Tepic or maybe just around the feet but it's gathering around here so doesn't look right to me.

How did you light this, flash, reflectors?

Location and lighting is great and I like the models pose but I think the smoke bomb is too much. I think that would have worked if slightly over all Tepic or maybe just around the feet but it's gathering around here so doesn't look right to me.

How did you light this, flash, reflectors?

yeah i could tone it down the smoke a little bit. I would love having a smoking machine but at the moment i can't afford it. Smoking bombs are harder to controll and direct.
I just lighted the scene with only a reflector right in the front of the model.

Very nice, you obviously know what you're doing.

If anything, for me, it's all a little 'busy'... I'd say cluttered but it isn't. The pose, the light, the crop, the exposure the smoke, all perfect. There's just a lot going on with it, and I prefer simplicity.

I really love this. Superb concept and execution.

yeah i could tone it down the smoke a little bit
Could your assistant have fanned it a bit, to make the smoke softer? It's really interesting regardless.

I love the composition, and tones in #2. You've obviously chosen the twigs on the floor for good reason - personally I can't help feeling I'd have preferred the background to be softer (so moss, or grass), as to me it's distracting from the subject - but I reserve the right to be wrong.

That las one is much better use of the smoke, it's created a backdrop. Much. Ore the dreamy effect I think you were after

That las one is much better use of the smoke, it's created a backdrop. Much. Ore the dreamy effect I think you were after

Yeah, the light and the smoke is much better than the first one, but somehow i still love the first photograph most.

Isn't it a shame that when someone posts a genuinely great picture, the great and the good of TP still a manage to run it down.

Well down OP, it's a lovely portrait.

Agreed. This is utterly wonderful work. Anyone who is criticising the PP needs to stop casting cursory looks at the image and see what is really going on.

The comments here crack me up. I'd like to see half of you produce work even half as good as this. Tsk.

Last edited:
Agreed. This is utterly wonderful work. Anyone who is criticising the PP needs to stop casting cursory looks at the image and see what is really going on.

The comments here crack me up. I'd like to see half of you produce work even half as good as this. Tsk.

yeah shame on them, its not like the image was posted in a forum dedicated to feedback and critique ..... oh wait

I like them
they are far beyond my ability to criticise. however, the rule of thumb is that the higher the quality of the photo, the more picky the feedback. This isn't a bad thing at all, it's simply that the photos are worthy of fine and almost picky comments. That's not demeaning to the photographer or the critic.
lovely work I think, creative, varied and well executed.:clap:
#3 stands out as being a little overexposed behind the 'wings' but I'm sure that was by design considering the detail of the work presented.
maybe because of that even, #1 and #3 stand out the most for me.

I like them
they are far beyond my ability to criticise. however, the rule of thumb is that the higher the quality of the photo, the more picky the feedback. This isn't a bad thing at all, it's simply that the photos are worthy of fine and almost picky comments. That's not demeaning to the photographer or the critic.
Thank you. And i really don't mind the critique as long as it's constructive and reasonable :)

The only one that doesn't quite work for me is her pose looks a little forced in number 4. Other then that its a fantastic set that deserves to be viewed far bigger then displayed here. That last is ace

The only one that doesn't quite work for me is her pose looks a little forced in number 4. Other then that its a fantastic set that deserves to be viewed far bigger then displayed here. That last is ace

Thanks for your input :)

Back