Votes: 3 37.5%
  • With further work it'll be ok

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
So a while ago I was testing the new yongnuo TTL transceiver on my daughters. Got a couple of ok shots but my youngest moved the wheeled light stand and I didn't check each shot after shooting. Anyway, I initially binned this one but had a protracted play to see if I could get a useable image. My photoshop skills are still in development! My feeling is that I'll reshoot it.

Anyhow, here it is

Thanks for looking

Shaheed

Last edited:
For all the others you've taken, I've seen so much better. I think your kds are beautiful, but if it were me, I would bin this one. The pose, the lighting, the framing, none of it work for me. That's just my opinion, S-man. :)

It would have been helpful if you had explained which parts of the shot you didn't like, i.e. exposure, lighting, pose, etc, since I'm taking it thatyou are happy with the composition? Her hairline just touching the top of the frame would be a killer for me, although that could have been overcome by cropping down to her forehead.

For all the others you've taken, I've seen so much better. I think your kds are beautiful, but if it were me, I would bin this one. The pose, the lighting, the framing, none of it work for me. That's just my opinion, S-man. :)

Yeah, I think I should have stuck with my gut instinct (although I was once told never to go with your gut as it has sh!t for brains!!) and not bothered with it. For me it was a nearly but not quite shot!

Thanks for looking and commenting!

S

You have super high standards. I'd be delighted with a shot like that :)

If you feel like you can better it, why not re-shoot it?

I think I will when I get some time!

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Shaheed

It would have been helpful if you had explained which parts of the shot you didn't like, i.e. exposure, lighting, pose, etc, since I'm taking it thatyou are happy with the composition? Her hairline just touching the top of the frame would be a killer for me, although that could have been overcome by cropping down to her forehead.

I had an idea in my head how it was going to turn out but was loose and careless at the time of shooting (distracted by the youngest!)

The original suffered as a result! Lighting was off and not framed exactly as I had wanted!

TP edit by Sir SR, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

S

I think I know the sort of thing you were after
.. check out lisa visser... beautiful stuff.

Hi Shaheed, If I can be a little bold, the good points of this shot. It's nice and sharp, there's good eye contact, and the B&W PP works just fine.

The not so good points. The framing is not so good, too much space to the left of the subject, the lighting is a little flat and unflattering. And purely a personal thing but I'm not very keen on single person portraits in the view format unless there's some sort of scene etc.

As Bethy said your children are beautiful and I too have seen much, much better work from you. No offence matey but I too would bin this one.:)

Hope this helps but it is of course only my opinion for what it's worth.

George.

Hi Shaheed, If I can be a little bold, the good points of this shot. It's nice and sharp, there's good eye contact, and the B&W PP works just fine.

The not so good points. The framing is not so good, too much space to the left of the subject, the lighting is a little flat and unflattering. And purely a personal thing but I'm not very keen on single person portraits in the view format unless there's some sort of scene etc.

As Bethy said your children are beautiful and I too have seen much, much better work from you. No offence matey but I too would bin this one.:)

Hope this helps but it is of course only my opinion for what it's worth.

George.

To be honest I think I knew the answer before I put the poll up. I had initially rejected it but only looked at it again as I haven't shot anything in a while and was getting itchy fingers!!

I'll agree to disagree about the crop (in general - not this particular pic)

No offence taken as I agree about the lighting (it was not as intended...).

Bin!!

S

Back