Shoulder Bag Suggestion

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, have recently upgraded my Nikon D60 to a D7000 and have on order a Sigma 170-500mm lens, which is about 10" closed (with no body attached) and the D7000 (which is about 3" thick).

What I need out of a shoulder bag (no backpacks, thanks!) is to be able to hold the D7000 with the Sigma attached (as I will mainly be shooting wildlife) as well as be able to hold a 35mm prime lens as well as a 55-200 zoom and a few flaps to hold memory cards etc

I have seen some great bags (such as the Crumpler million dollar range) , but I don't think they aren't going to be quite deep enough to be able to hold my setup.

So with my preference for the Crumplers style, is there any suggestions for bags?

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Last edited:
Nice suggestion, thanks, but will this be big enough? According to the dimensions, it's only 11.75" high (internal measurements), whereas I am looking for around 13"

Thanks

Mark

It's worth trying the Retrospective 20 if you can find one in a shop once your lens arrives. The top flap has a lot of extra length that adds to the usable depth.

Your proposed load is heavier than I'd choose to carry on one shoulder.

I'd agree with Alistair on the size issue. I have the retro 20 and 150-500 and although with the body attached it sits higher, the sizes of the bag are slightly webbed and because of the size of the flap and Velcro fastenings it covers the extra height

Would that lens be much bigger than the Nikon 300mm f4 I wonder? Because I can fit that attached to the D800E in my mini bee 110 PL, ready to be pulled out and shoot within seconds. There's room for a couple of primes or small zooms alongside. It's a very comfy bag, and my favourite out of all the bags I've owned, because it's so compact yet fits surprisingly more than you'd expect. You could look into variants of it, or similar. Like the bumblebee, which is a little larger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kata-DL-B-210-Bumblebee-D-Light-Backpack/dp/B003GTYXFK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411983899&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=Kata mini bee

Mine is usually worn over one shoulder, if I'm on the bike I'll use both straps.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your replies, most useful. Will wait until I get the lens and camera together, to get an exact measurement, then I can decide

Thanks
Mark

Back