Show us the other half

I've got no hope of getting my missus in a photo. I've got more chance of the Queen coming for tea! She hates her photo being taken. The only one I have is from our wedding last year.
1453271_10152391759076917_157489970_n.jpg

She has a beautiful smile Gareth you lucky man you.(y)

Here's my fiancé and I. He's simply amazing, so supportive with everything. I've been through a few health issues recently and he has been my rock. He proposed in March just gone and I can't wait to marry him. Plus he's a photography fan too, in fact I met him at uni on the same course as I.

14484354653_9fd9d09297_z.jpg

Any woman that can put up with my BS for the last 17 years has to be very very special

I think most us male counter parts can say that Neil, very attractive other half there.(y)

Love the black and white shot Joe.(y)

My wife (with my son). She has supported me through ups and downs of me going through the personal anguish of turning my hobby in to an occasional paid job, then in to regular part time and now proper full time. This lady had supported me like no other. She says now I'm full time I have to earn loads of money and treat her to loads of gifts!

Mother Son Portrait by Marcus Charter, on Flickr

Last edited:
My wife (with my son). She has supported me through ups and downs of me going through the personal anguish of turning my hobby in to an occasional paid job, then in to regular part time and now proper full time. This lady had supported me like no other. She says now I'm full time I have to earn loads of money and treat her to loads of gifts!

Mother Son Portrait by Marcus Charter, on Flickr
Love that. Is that in a hilite with a gel?

i think this is the 'jill greenberg' technique / style (although i hate that when people put a name to a style lol). She shot a lot of kids crying and used a 7 light set up and then dodged and burned the hell out of it. When done well it looks cool (like Marcus image) when done bad it looks naff...like my attempt lol!!

She got a lot of stick for what she did as they had to intentionally make the kids cry.....she should have just come round mine when my toddler has his buzz light year confiscated for not cleaning his teeth lol!!!

she shot some cool animal portraits like it too....

i think you can cheat it a little with 2 or 3 lights and a reflector....

My lovely wife Jan,we are both over 60 years old and this was Jans sixtieths year.

Superb shots gentlemen, very attractive partners there. Keep them coming.(y)

its 1984 folks as we relax in richmond park
she is now 67 and i am 71
nana is with God and little Hazel is married with 2 kids and a mature 36
i think its the most complimentary shot at our stage in life
scanned from a 35 tranny
cheers
geof

scanned from a 35 tranny
cheers
geof

That is a beautiful shot Geof.

This was taken against a grey background, lighting is a 120cm profold octabox as key, with rim lighting from gridded softboxes (all lencarta). Masked in photoshop with a colour fill background and a few levels to give the background a graded look. Using this technique you can change the colour of the background to anything.

I didn't use the greenberg approach, however there is good amount of dodging and burning that I guess would make you think I did.

Thanks everyone!

scanned from a 35 tranny
cheers
geof

Which one are you then??;)

I have to go back a while to find the last time i was allowed to take a shot of my better half.
Which is a shame, as I really need to practice taking photos of people, instead of hills and rally cars!!

Antibes-12.jpg

Matty that is a very nice shot and an attractive other half.(y)

Back