Show us your Christmas trees!

Here are a few festive shots from my house this year!! :)

00000001tm5.jpg

00000002ru3.jpg

00000003jk0.jpg

Small one in the hallway

killie35036265391.jpg

And in the front room

killie791262920659.jpg

I did'nt dress them...I'm not allowed, it's the missus and grandkids are the only ones allowed to dress em. :(

Well we're having problems with our tree :(

When we got it, I cut an inch or so off the bottom, stood it in water, everything. It drank a little, but not much more...Needles were dropping off etc..

It's now gone droopy and the branches are really dry. We've turned the radiator off at that end of the room, and I've changed the water, but I'm gonna try cutting another inch off the bottom while its in situ (thats gonna be fun), so encourage it to drink water again.

switch lights off
spray it with a plant mister
leave it a few hours before switching lights back on

Plant mister?

Ah right, a spray.

Yeah Im gonna cut the bottom off in a bit, and also get my wife to take the lights off, and im gonna spray it with water too.

I hate when the needles get stuck in your socks and irritate you for ages:)

Here's our tree for this year. I have nothing to do with the decorating of the tree - I am not allowed near it. Normally I am out at work when 'er in doors gets it all sorted - although this year she left it until this weekend. I was shouted at, sworn at, abused in many ways :shrug: all because she can never do the tree 'right'. Apparently by the time I come home from work tomorrow, the chances are that the tree will have been un-decorated and then re-decorated again until she is happy with it....... :bang:

tree1copycopy.jpg

here's the festive arboreal from casa mmcp42...
each of the ornaments (even the fairy) has a story
so it's always great fun to dress the tree
(I'm told, theres normally a 500 yard exclusion zone set up
but, if I'm good, I am allowed to make sure the lights work...)

IMG_9327.jpg

I'll have another stab this evening when the daylight stops getting on the way!

Here's ours as it normally looks!

2124942547_71d565622b.jpg

We blew it up :LOL:

2125720630_f6251621b4.jpg

Now it's out of focus!

2124943389_55a0280c91.jpg

Hiya

We put our tree up last Friday but today was the first chance I've had to take some shots of it. Had some fun experimenting with HDR's, did a 3 exposures, 5 exposures and 8 exposures. But the 3 shot one is the one that's uploaded.

There are crackers in the tree so that we can pull them when we like :)
It's tricky keeping the cats out of it too :LOL: and several of the baubles have been pulled off and used as footballs by them.

It's all good fun.

Hope Santa's good to everyone :)

xmastree.jpg

Back